Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Teaser Tuesday!

It's Teaser Tuesday and I just realized that I haven't shared some of my most recent teasers on here. So, I figured I would post them for you all to see as well as a little excerpt from Human Intervention.





EXCERPT


     A lump forms in my throat and my breathing picks up as I watch Dr. Warren usher Caleb and Brior back. I can tell Brior wants to say something, but instead he looks to me with a sad smile. Suddenly, his eyes go round and I am knocked to the ground. I get up quickly and avoid Drake as he comes at me again. Each and every time he would reach out for me I would dodge his efforts. This continues for what seems like forever. Then, Drakes demeanor changes and now I know he has just been toying with me, like a cat does with a mouse prior to eating it. But he’s done playing, it’s time for dinner.
      
     The evil that lays in his eyes as he stares me down is undeniable. I want to shake with fear but instead, I’m paralyzed. Just as he is close enough he rears back his arm and swings. I throw my hand up, knowing good and well I won’t be able to stop his force, only hoping to slow it down. I close my eyes and wait for the pain, but it doesn’t come. Slowly, I peel my eyes open to see that his fist is just in front of me, frozen in the air. Drake pulls back and tries again, but meets the same invisible force stopping him. He goes to pull back again and I bend my fingers as if I was holding it with little effort Drake goes flying across the grass.

 

(This is unedited and subject to change. Written work by Faith S Lynn not to be copied.)

No comments:

Post a Comment